Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hanging on


With all the pain so many of us are experiencing lately, I wanted to share some Bible verses for encouragement. These verses are a passage that I have held on to many times before and they have sustained me. God is so good giving us His Word. It is for instruction and encouragement. It shows us our sins but it gives us hope. It is my lifeline, and I hope yours as well.


Lamentations 3:22-24


Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."


To me, the words, "the LORD is my portion" means that He is EXACTLY ENOUGH at the VERY MOMENT I need Him. I'm probably way over simplifying that verse, but it's how I understand it.


I hope these verses encourage you, the reader, to look to God and to His Word. Great is His faithfulness.



NOTE: The photo above is of my brother, Matt, and me in the hospital reading the Bible. We are at Mom's beside. Mom died 11 months ago yesterday. God sustained us then and He sustains now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Christy. Thanks for sharing these verses! We need to encourage and comfort each other. I've also started praying Jeremiah 31 and Isaiah 61 for our church. I'm not sure when He'll do it, but God will trade our sorrows for rejoicing. We just need to stay focused on Christ.

-tiffany

Christy said...

Tiffany, thanks for praying.