Monday, February 11, 2008

Let me off this merry-go-round!

I don't really have anything important to say. I just can't get to sleep. It seems that I have ADD once the lights go out. My brain goes 'round and 'round. It's frustrating, really. I mean I'm trying to have a conversation w/ God before I go to sleep, and then I find my thoughts have trailed off onto a path of their own. What's more they split up and head off into multiple directions! I can't keep one straight thought. Crazy, huh? I would try and record some of the thoughts for you, but I can't slow them down long enough to tell what they really are. Maybe that's why trail mix appeals to me so much. Each handful is a different mixture than the one before it. Or like Forrest Gump says about life being like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. Well, I never know where my brain's gonna take me each night other than Frustration Lane or Aggravating Alley! It doesn't help that my husband begins snoring even before the weather comes on the news cast. Good grief! How does he do that?

3 comments:

Tony M said...

When I eat trail mix, I pick out the stuff I like. Maybe you should do that with your thoughts... pick out the ones you like, choose to remember those, and then you can enlighten us all with 'em.

When I eat from a box of chocolates, I again try to pick out the things I'll like. And if I bit into anything I don't like (you know, most of the box, those things with weird, creamy fillings - other than caramel & fudge), I offer it to anyone nearby, or put it back, or throw it away (and usually spit out the part I bit into that's icky).

When I was little, I used to play Aggravation with my grandmother all the time. That game with the marbles that is similar, I think, to Sorry, although I never played that (Sorry) as a kid. In fact, we usually had "the other thing" - when everyone else had big wheels, I had a green machine (much cooler). When the world was using VHS, we were using Beta. When the world had Atari, we had Intellivision (we had all three types; later Sega Genesis - we still have a working one of those; our first video game console was a Fairchild - that was actually a pretty neat system, with some cool games that I remember quite well, even though it was back in the late 70s & early 80s that we had it).

Sorry, I guess I get splintered thoughts at times, too... :)

Christy said...

I'll say! At least your thinking all over the place in the morning when a person should!

amateur said...

My husband does that, too. About 12 years ago I discovered earplugs, and have been sleeping much better since. ;)