Monday, February 25, 2008

say cheese!


butterfly
Originally uploaded by dcellis3
OK. After all of this photo browsing and downloading, uploading, whatever, I am really wanting to try my hand at photography... again. I get in this mood every once in a blue moon, but it rarely lasts b/c I'm not that good. I don't have the funds to purchase an extremely nice camera, so I become a mite frustrated. I've thought about taking classes, but who has the time for that? Plus I'm sure I'd be laughed at if I showed up with my little digital wanna be camera. A gripe that I have w/ my camera is the time delay. When I want to capture a candid shot the moment is over by the time the shutter closes! This picture is my attempt at capturing nature. It just doesn't show the quality and detail that I would like for it to show. Some of the pics I've seen online are so crisp, pristine and vibrant that you feel like you're there! That's what I want to capture. Oh well. I want lots of things, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

4 comments:

Tony M said...

Yeah, cameras with "auto-everything" are about my speed. Maybe I'll post a "photo blog entry" soon with some of my favorite pictures I've captured throughout my digital photography history...

Scott Booker said...

I love taking photos....and would love to master that skill as well. But I have one of those cheap a** cameras as well.

But this picture is really good! I like it!!!

And glad to see you figured out how to add pics to blogs.

And yes...I did have another blog page...but I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to keep up with both of them. LOL

Amanda Hooot said...

I took Photography at Calhoun a couple years ago. It was cool. We had to use the film camera. I actually would have rather used the digital. It was quite expensive to do the whole development thing. Oh well. Your picture is beautiful.

Christy said...

Thanks for the compliments. You made my day. :)